How The Professionals Deal With Cracks And Rising Damp?

How The Professionals Deal With Cracks And Rising Damp?
30 Dec 2019

If you are planning to sell your old or existing property then you should inspect the building by the professionals. During an inspection, the experts always focus on every portion of your property. They also deal with all types of building cracks, rising damp etc. They give some proper suggestions to fix wall cracks and rising damp.

Deals With Cracks

Building and pest inspectors generally deal with several buildings and wall cracks like brick mortar cracks, main wall or cross joint cracks and RCC column or wall masonry cracks etc. Cracks are appeared due to many reasons such as shrinkage, creep, elastic deformation, sulphate attack, inappropriate bonding between main wall & cross wall and more. Pest is also responsible to create wall cracks. These types of cracks are very common in old buildings. So, before you purchase your old property, all cracks should be repaired properly. building and pest inspection experts in Sunshine Coast easily find all kind of building cracks by their inspection tools. After that, they suggest you fix the cracks by the crack repairing exerts. If the cracks are not properly inspected then you never get a good resale value.

Deals With Rising Damp

Rising damp is one of the most common types of damps associated with many buildings. This damp occurs the groundwater starts rising through the walls due to capillary action. Common signs of rising damps are discoloured and fragmenting plasters, peeling wallpaper, musty smell, patches on internal and external walls etc. This damp can mostly be caused by non-existent or failed DPC. Rising damp can be inspected with building inspectors. Based on their inspection report you can fix the rising damp by the experts. They can easily find the source of rising damps and take a necessary step to remove it. Experts apply damp proofing compounds to fix rising damps. 3 most popular compounds are water-impermeable chemical, pore-blocking mixture and osmotic water repellent.

  • Water Impermeable Chemical: Water impermeable chemical is one type of cream or gel that is injected on the walls by professionals.
  • Pore Blocking Mixture: Pore blocking mixture is a cement mortar that is mostly used on stone walls.
  • Osmotic Water Repellent: Osmotic water repellent is a special damp-proofing technique where embedded wires are used.

Are you planning to sell your old property to a good customer? Then it’s better to inspect cracks and damp by qualified building inspectors. They can easily deal with every portion of your property and give a perfect solution.

Feel free to contact us